About Tim Clarke
“Your home should be completely personal, utterly unique, and reflect who you truly are-certainly not who or what someone wants you to be.”
Tim Clarke, Interior Designer in Santa Monica, California, is well known for creating sophisticated, unique spaces inspired by modern classicism. At once relaxed and timeless, Tim’s modern elegance and vintage luxury translates into inspiring sustainable interiors. Tim’s signature coastal-influenced aesthetic became highly sought-after by clients who wanted a new interpretation of a modern beach home. These creative rooms encourage freedom and lightness without sacrificing style.
In answer to the market demand, Tim formed TCI, a full-service interior design firm that offers a turn-key solution to the creation of interior spaces including schematic design, interior architecture and custom furniture design. Now in business for more than fifteen years, Tim’s long list of clients includes leaders in entertainment, business and sports. His projects for celebrity clientele include Sally Field, Matthew Perry, Ben Stiller, James Spader and Portia de Rossi, to name a few. He has been featured in many leading interior and architecture publications in the United States including Architectural Digest, Coastal Living, Elle Décor, Metropolitan Home, House Beautiful, Veranda, Town and Country, In Style Home and The Los Angeles Times. He has been featured both on the Travel Channel and House Beautiful Television, and is frequently called upon as an expert in his field.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- Colors of Sand, Sky, Water, and Planet - even the surrounding soils, inspire my palette
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- The Surf Lodge, Montauk, New York
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- A New City
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- Capo in Santa Monica
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- Museum of Jurassic technology in Culver City
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- Extra long dog walk
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- How do you keep it all together?
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- Groomed Freestyle